A good quality tripod is a must-have accessory if you want to capture amazing photos on your trips around the world.Your travel tripod should be both lightweight and sturdy to keep your camera/phone steady for producing epic landscapes and adventure images.
Here are some more specific reasons below:
- The tripod will help you take better, more professional photos. If you enjoy capturing sharp landscapes, time-lapse videos, impressive sunsets, or low light photos during your travel adventures, a good lightweight travel tripod is key. A tripod will let you set your camera/phone up at the perfect angle and height allowing you to photograph long exposures and achieve maximum sharpness.
- If you are traveling solo. A good tripod must also be capable of vlogging and shooting selfies when you're traveling solo. Photos taken on a tripod will look much more professional and natural than using a regular selfie stick, extending your arm as far as you can reach, or relying on strangers.
- To avoid blurry shots. Travel tripod can help you keep your camera/phone stable to avoid blurry shots due to unsteadiness and shake. It is almost impossible to hold a camera completely still for any length of time.
- To improve your photography skills and creativity. A tripod also opens up a world of creative options, allowing you to take photos that you simply wouldn’t be able to take without one.
What to look for in a travel tripod?
- Height - Not only how high does the tripod extend, but the minimum height as well. Your tripod must present an excellent ratio between height and sturdiness.
- Weight - The tripod must not be too heavy, you won’t want to lug it around all day through a city, or hiking trails. The key is again to find balance. A good travel tripod is portable, compact, easy to carry around, and store.
- Folding size - In terms of how small it folds up, we recommend a travel tripod that folds up to under 24in/60cm for ease of transport and luggage carry-on purposes.
- Sturdiness - A sturdy tripod is essential when shooting long-exposure images when any small vibration can blur the photo. The wider base equipped with non-slip rubber feet would improve stability and reduce wobbling for more reliability and safety of your expensive device.
There's a lot to think about, but if you choose right, you'll get an invaluable travel companion that offers valuable support when you need it.